Water Resources Project Engineer
Sabra & Associates, Inc., (SAI) specializes in civil and highway engineering, structural engineering and utility design, transportation planning and traffic engineering, construction engineering inspection and materials lab testing has an immediate opening for Project Engineer in Water Resources Division. Successful candidates will work with our Civil & Highway Engineering Director on various projects throughout MD, DC, VA, PA and DE.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the design of highway site grading, drainage and stormwater management (SWM), and erosion & sediment control (E&SC)
- Development of design documents from initial concept to final design and construction documents
- Design computations and reports
- Coordinate with subconsultants and other departments within firm
- Preparation of construction specifications and cost estimates
- Prepare permit applications to obtain drainage, SWM and E&SC, environmental and utility permits
- Direct and mentor water resource design engineers
- Prepare progress reports, manages project budget and schedules
- Coordinates with clients and attend project review meetings
- Prepare task scope and fee proposals
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Assists Director/Manager in preparing technical proposals and pursuing design work
Knowledge, Skills & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Active Professional Engineer license (Maryland preferred)
- 5+ years of related design experience
- Experienced with hydrology and hydraulics, storm drain, SWM and E&SC design related to highway/site projects
- Well versed with MDOT SHA, MDE design guidelines, standards and manuals
- Knowledge of DC DOEE, DDOT, VDOT and DEQ Design Guidelines
- Experienced with design software, such as TR-55, TR-20, Flow Master, HY8, Culvert Master, StormCAD, etc.
- Proficient in Micro-station and AutoCad and essential tools for hydrology and hydraulics
- Experience with bridge hydraulics and stream restoration preferred
- Clear and effective communications skills
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
- Benefits include Performance Bonus, 401k profit sharing, 8 paid holidays, 15 paid leave days, wellness Program, and 100% paid medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance (individual)
Qualified applicants should respond, with resume and cover letter, to position S1901a at:
Sabra & Associates, Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
7055 Samuel Morse Drive, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
Click here to e-mail your resume.